Collaborative Response Graphics
Click here for a white paper authored by Chief Michael Bruno (Ret.) explaining this cutting edge approach to emergency planning and response.
Your plan is only as good as its ability to be understood and implemented by personnel and responders who are on scene during an incident. Critical response information is often buried in pages upon pages of emergency action plan processes and procedures. Complicating matters further, personnel responding to a critical incident may not be familiar with your facility nor your terminology. What all too often results is a well thought out plan that ultimately goes unused or underutilized—sometimes with tragic results.
Collaborative Response Graphics solve this long-standing challenge by taking the critical components of your plan and incorporating them into an easily understood geospatially accurate graphic. Responders and personnel are able to instantly visualize your facility and critical components of your plan allowing for spontaneous awareness, universal understanding, and unparalleled efficiency.
Collaborative Response Graphics at their core are visual emergency response plans. Using smart imagery and BAE Systems revolutionary GXP geospatial exploitation platform, CRG analysts precisely layer and render building floor plans, critical features, and emergency plan components onto a scale gridded smart graphic. The result is a GeoRelevant, easy to read and understand product that allows for a common frame of reference and communication.
Geospatial Planning Assistance Kits
Critical Response Group pioneered the use of oblique imagery geospatial planning for public safety professionals.
Thanks to our partnership with EagleView, our GeoPAKs contain industry-leading Pictometry angle-captured imagery. Unlike typical satellite or orthogonal imagery that has a top-down viewing perspective, Pictometry oblique imagery provides users an angled, 360-degree view of an objective. This unique perspective allows planners to view the location from a perspective that is unachievable with satellite imagery. With Pictometry oblique imagery, planners can:
• See an objective from every angle
• Identify and visualize primary and secondary breach points
• Discern likely avenues of escape
• Spot vertically-oriented hazards and obstructions (poles, fences) that aren’t apparent on satellite imagery.
Along with Pictometry oblique imagery, Tactical GeoPAKs come with Macro and micro Collaborative Response Graphics (CRGs). GeoPAK Collaborative Reference Graphics allow planners and operators to:
• Plan approach routes
• Use the overlaid grid to more rapidly identify and communicate locations to team members
• View parcel lines and information to easily identify property boundaries and street addresses
• Develop a tactical plan with a view of the objective and surrounding area
• Create your actual plan on top of the product and disseminate it to the team
• Share and communicate with air assets or sniper/observer teams to facilitate a common operating picture and common language
• Quickly and efficiently expand the operational area in emergent circumstances
Tabletop and Training Exercises
Click here to see the NYPD Kingsborough CC Drill
Tabletop exercises involve key personnel coming together in an informal setting to discuss simulated scenarios that are relevant to an organization. These types of routine exercises can involve scenarios that range from natural disasters to man-made emergencies, and are a critical component for organizational stakeholders to assess plans, policies, and operational procedures. Contemporary public safety professionals, of all disciplines, must be prepared for the most dangerous and complex types of events. Our team works with clients to maximize safety in the event of a crisis, while keeping business continuity as a key performance outcome. CRG uses tabletop exercises to evaluate organizational planning, preparedness and response effectiveness for a crisis or catastrophic event.
This type of small group, scenario-based exercise exposes participants to the chaos of an emergency situation. Our team will conduct group debriefings to critique deficiencies and provide specific feedback to organizational leaders as to how risks can be mitigated.
Full Scale Exercises
CRG team members work with organizations to develop functional, full-scale exercises that are designed to examine the quality of coordination, command and control, and communication during multi-agency responses to emergency situations. These multi-agency, multi-jurisdictional, multi-discipline exercises involve the functional use of field offices and personnel, emergency operation centers, emerging technology, etc., and require a greater commitment of time and effort. Full-scale exercises are the best way to validate emergency response plans, communication modes, procedures and policies, and multi-agency agreements. Likewise, agencies can clarify roles and responsibilities in different settings, evaluate response flexibility and identify response gaps in mock operational settings.
Consultation and Support Services
The CRG consultation and support services team is interested in collaborating with your organization to enhance emergency preparedness and response capabilities. Our team is comprised of highly experienced professionals that leverage their experience to work with an array of public and private sector organizations. Organizations can expect our team to help them identify realistic goals and objectives that will build out safety and security competencies. CRG consultants are experts in business operations in the public safety, law enforcement and fire service fields, and have worked with organizations to achieve professional accreditations.
Our consultation and support team will work with your organization in the following areas:
- Integration of our Collaborative Response Graphics into your organizational business processes.
- Work hand-in-hand with internal stakeholders as they build the internal capacity to create Collaborative Response Graphics.
- Provide real-time support, and develop ad hoc Collaborative Response Graphics for special events, hazards, emergency situations and criminal investigations.
- Review emergency response plans and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders to ensure those plans are accurate and capable of being operationalized.
- Create custom training programs that meet needs related to workplace violence, active shooter mitigation, emergency preparedness, safety and security.
- Develop strategic plans for organizations to ensure your organization can achieve your most challenging goals.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of your agency’s business processes and policies in the context of contemporary best practices, and make detailed recommendations for improvements.
- Conduct security assessments of facilities and provide specific policy and planning recommendations.
Our CRG consultation and support team takes great pride in their work and are committed to providing you with professional services that will enhance your organizational effectiveness.
24 Hour Rapid Response
Our 24 hour Rapid Response subscription allows clients experiencing a critical incident or other time-sensitive event to request a custom Collaborative Response Graphic (CRG) to support their event or operation. Clients with a Rapid Response subscription simply call our CRG hotline and provide basic information including the location of the incident or event. Our team of on-call Rapid Response Analysts will then immediately begin generating a Collaborative Response Graphic for the incident or event with the goal of delivering the CRG within 30 minutes. Please contact us for Rapid Response subscription package information and pricing.