FARGO — The public is invited to North Side Conversations, a series of community conversations organized by District 44 legislators Rep. Karla Rose Hanson, Rep. Joshua Boschee and Sen. Merrill Piepkorn.
The first event, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29 at Broadway Station Senior Center, 1461 Broadway, will be about school safety featuring a panel discussion on teacher and student safety in the classroom and building safety from outside threats.
The school safety talk will include the following panelists:
- Jenifer Mastrud, vice president of the Fargo Education Association and a teacher in the Fargo Public School District.
- Chris Potter, school counselor in Richland No. 44 Public School District and co-founder of the North Dakota Association of School Resource Officers with 25 years in law enforcement.
- Troy Cody, principal in the Fargo Public School District.
- Tim Briggeman, north side parent.
- Autumn Momsen, north side student.
The second event, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 3 at Broadway Station, will be about regional workforce development initiatives and how the area can help fill open jobs in through education, re-training and other means. Panelists include North Dakota Department of Commerce Commissioner Michelle Kommer and professionals representing higher education, industry and economic development. Boschee will be the moderator.