Colorado School Safety Resource Center
The mission of the Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) is to assist educators, emergency responders, community organizations, school mental health professionals, parents and students to create safe, positive and successful school environments for Colorado students in all pre K-12 and higher education schools.
Colorado Department of Education School Safety and Crisis Resources
Many organizations have developed resources to help schools, parents and students dealing with the emotional trauma of violent events and who are seeking information on how to create safe school environments. Below is a list of resources that we hope will be helpful.
Colorado School Safety Legislation
In 2018, the Police Foundation staff conducted a comprehensive public domain scan of state legislation from all 50 states and the District of Columbia related to the following aspects of school safety and security:
- facility security and assessment requirements;
- creation, and identification of roles and responsibilities for state school safety centers and school safety teams/committees;
- requirements for school administrators and faculty;
- allocation of funds for improving school safety and security; and
- all-hazards emergency planning and preparedness.