School Safety Information Sharing Program
The Statewide Terrorism & Intelligence Center’s (STIC) School Safety Information Sharing Program is designed to identify the information needs of school and campus safety officials and ensure timely and wide dissemination of actionable intelligence that is tailored to the protection of these communities. The program goal is to aid in school safety efforts through sharing information from local, state and federal agencies with at least one person in every school and campus in the State of Illinois.
School Security and Standards Task Force
The purpose of the Task Force is to make recommendations and draft minimum standards for use by schools to make them more secure and to provide a safer learning environment for the children of Illinois.
Illinois School Safety Legislation
In 2018, the Police Foundation staff conducted a comprehensive public domain scan of state legislation from all 50 states and the District of Columbia related to the following aspects of school safety and security:
- facility security and assessment requirements;
- creation, and identification of roles and responsibilities for state school safety centers and school safety teams/committees;
- requirements for school administrators and faculty;
- allocation of funds for improving school safety and security; and
- all-hazards emergency planning and preparedness.