Kentucky Center for School Safety
Kentucky Schools focus on providing a warm culture and climate for both students and staff conductive to high levels of productivity and outstanding academic performance. In today’s society, school safety is a daily issue that ranges from classroom management to school incident command for crisis situations. The Kentucky Center for School Safety staff is committed to providing training, resources, information and research.
Kentucky School Safety Legislation
In 2018, the Police Foundation staff conducted a comprehensive public domain scan of state legislation from all 50 states and the District of Columbia related to the following aspects of school safety and security:
- facility security and assessment requirements;
- creation, and identification of roles and responsibilities for state school safety centers and school safety teams/committees;
- requirements for school administrators and faculty;
- allocation of funds for improving school safety and security; and
- all-hazards emergency planning and preparedness.