Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness: School Safety
The Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) in partnership with the Louisiana Department of Education (LADOE) is pleased to offer local school districts assistance in writing and implementing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans (High-Quality EOPs). This opportunity is provided by a grant – Grants to States for School Emergency Management Planning (SEMP) – from the U. S. Department of Education (DOE) through the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance Center (REMS TA).
Louisiana School Safety Legislation
In 2018, the Police Foundation staff conducted a comprehensive public domain scan of state legislation from all 50 states and the District of Columbia related to the following aspects of school safety and security:
- facility security and assessment requirements;
- creation, and identification of roles and responsibilities for state school safety centers and school safety teams/committees;
- requirements for school administrators and faculty;
- allocation of funds for improving school safety and security; and
- all-hazards emergency planning and preparedness.