Massachusetts Department of Education Emergency Management Planning for Schools
DESE will periodically update a list of school safety and emergency preparedness resources, evidence-based curricula, best practices and academic-based research.
Massachusetts School Safety Legislation
In 2018, the Police Foundation staff conducted a comprehensive public domain scan of state legislation from all 50 states and the District of Columbia related to the following aspects of school safety and security:
- facility security and assessment requirements;
- creation, and identification of roles and responsibilities for state school safety centers and school safety teams/committees;
- requirements for school administrators and faculty;
- allocation of funds for improving school safety and security; and
- all-hazards emergency planning and preparedness.
[small_button url=”http://secureschools.wpengine.com/states/massachusetts/” color=”yellow”